Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
I would like to get an iPhone family plan deal.

Looks like it only comes with 200 text messages. Is that for the whole family to share or is that per cell phone?

How much do additional text messages plans cost?

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
I would like to get an iPhone family plan deal.

Looks like it only comes with 200 text messages. Is that for the whole family to share or is that per cell phone?

How much do additional text messages plans cost?

I dont think the family plan comes with any text messages, but I might be wrong. I know the individual 39.99 plan comes with 200.

Unlimited texting for a family plan is $30.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Yep, my Family Plan...

is 1400 minutes shared amongst (2) iPhones + $20 per iPhone for data plan, (1) Blackberry + $29.99 for data plan, and (1) Motorola KRZR. I've got the Unlimited Family Text Plan $29.99, Unlimited minutes start at 7pm Mon-Fri (they normally kick-in at 9pm), Unlimited M2M, and the bill averages out to about $60 per phone or $240 per month. Rollover Minutes are a PLUS; currently I have 6,000 + and this was a deal-MAKER for me! Good Luck. :cool:

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
There's the Early Nights and Weekends (7pm to 7am) option for $16.99.

But why would you even need that if family plans already have unlimited N&W built in?

Here is a list of all the ATT family plans. All have unlimited N&W, so why would anyone need an "early N&W" add-on?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    110 KB · Views: 167

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
each phone is separate when it comes to data plans and text plans....

meaning you share the minutes under the family plan as normal BUT the $20 for data and $20 for unlimited texts is separate and for each phone.

SO .... if you need text and data plans thats an extra $40 per iPhone.

I have 2 iPhones and 1 Razor on my plan now

i've been through it all so if you have any other questions let me know

yarngrrl

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
Madison, WI
Family plan question

Here's the story:
I bought a refurb iPhone from AT&T.com, which should be here tomorrow (yay!). Spouse is an existing AT&T customer, I am not; however, we are going to get a family plan. He is up for a new contract / phone, but has no desire to get an iPhone (and, no, he won't change his mind once he plays with mine - hey, nobody's perfect ;) )

So, my questions are:
1) If we upgrade his phone, keeping his individual plan, will I be presented with options to change to a family plan when I activate my iPhone?
2) Is there going to be a problem with using my Apple ID and his AT&T account info?

Thanks!

ben1969

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Yarngrrl,
I would take this approach (it's what I am in the process of doing):

1. Have your spouse sign up for a family plan with 2 lines (this should get you two new phones).
2. Activate the new, non-iPhones, including your own, when they arrive.
3. Replace your non-iPhone with your iPhone via iTunes activation (which should simply add the $20 unlimited date fee.

You then have either a nice new backup phone or a nice new phone you can sell to finance your iPhone purchase. You'll have to wait to activate the iPhone, of course, until you've gone through the process of enrolling in the family plan and activating your non-iPhone. I am waiting it out right now and it is not easy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.