iPhone family plan restrictions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ezekel, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ezekel macrumors regular

I did some searching and reading, but I'm not sure of the answers.

I have a family of 6 and we wanted to switch over to ATT..or more me than the family.

ATT only offers family plans up to 5 lines. How would 6 be doable? Does my primary line not count in that 5?

Also I hear that the FAN discount now works with the iPhone.

And there was a thread in the ATT forums that only 1 iphone is allowed on a family plan...but I didn't think this was true.http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&message.id=56812

Any help would be great.:apple:

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I am a part of a family line. The primary account holder's line DOES count towards the five lines. Also, all five people on my family plan have iPhones, so there isn't any limit on how many can be on it, you do however have to pay for the data for each iPhone, etc.

But it looks like one person is going to get the shaft in your case....

3. mike1123 macrumors 6502

My family has a family plan with 3 iPhones and two normal phones. Basically, I believe the limit for any phones is 5 lines per family plan. Each additional iPhone line after the initial family plan cost for the first two lines is 40 bucks, and each normal phone is 10 bucks. You'd probably have to do an individual line for the 6th person.

Ironically, this is why I left Cingular 5 years ago; we could only do 4 lines :p

And then, T-Mobile screwed us over, and we're back!

4. woahitsreeo macrumors newbie

I'm on a family plan with 2 iphones and 3 other phones. There is a need for a sixth line, but I was told time and time again by various at&t reps that you must wait 6 months before adding any additional lines beyond the first 5 so that they can make sure you are a good paying customer... emphasis on the paying part. Once 6 months have passed and they have determined you are in good standings with them then they will allow additional lines onto the family plan. I'm not sure how many more they will allow, but for sure they will at least allow 1 extra. Hope that helps.

5. ezekel thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. All the information is what I needed :D to bad on the 6 lines though..I have to think of something now.:confused: