Iphone FAN discount no longer being applied to Data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by absolutmp5, Jun 8, 2010.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

So my parents and me are on a family plan. I got the fan codes associated with their work places. I then spoke with the business hotline of att and i was told that data is not included in the discount, only voice. Is this true considering i saw this

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=929478

2. jtara macrumors 65816

It depends on your particular FAN discount. Each one is different. Some include a discount on data services, some don't. Some include a discount on services over a certain dollar amount. Each one is negotiated between Apple and your company/school/etc.

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

4. absolutmp5 thread starter macrumors regular

well i spoke with them again and they said they dont offer discounts on data, for any FAN codes available to anyone.

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

6. mac-mania macrumors member

Prior to summer of last year FAN discounts were rate plan, data and any features attached to the main line, since then and going forward any new FAN discount is on rate plan only. Anyone grandfathered in continues to receive discounts based on old rules.

7. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Well just because someone who can read some premade script out of a handbook says something doesn't mean it's true.

[​IMG]

8. aneftp macrumors 601

The FAN systems are all screwy.

They used to give FANs on text messaging also. But they did away with FAN discounts for text messenging about 18 months ago.

I am only supposed to get a FAN 24% discount on my primary line and data. But I give 24% discounts on all of my other three lines (voice and data!). They aren't suppose to do that but I will ride the gravy train for as long as it last.

Been a Cingular/ATT FAN account holder for 6 1/2 years with this type of discount.

9. absolutmp5 thread starter macrumors regular

so i am confused, i cant receive the discount anymore because i was not gradnfathered in? Or is per the arrangements of each fan code? I am a current att customer for two and half years. My mom is a govement worker at a hospital. Any suggestions?

Josh have you been under the fan discount already or you signing up now?

10. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Just checked as if I were opening a new account with my employer and it was showing a discount on both voice AND data but nothing else. Main reason i'm probably gonna get the new one. I use to get it on everything when the 3G came out but they eventually axed that to just the voice plan, surprised to see it back on the data side too :D.

11. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

every employer has different arrangements with AT&T for discounts. so some may have them, some may not. depends on when/how the FAN was set up by the employer.

12. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

exactly what i needed to know. i have a fan discount(16%) on the $30/unlimited for $25. thanks to JoshGlzBrk for posting this shot. going to downgrade the wife's phone to the 200mb/dataplus and hope it's going to be the $12.75 as pictured.

13. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

so the FAN does apply to the $15 and $25 data plans? Thats great to know

14. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Not exactly.

Here is the standard disclaimer:

With respect to both Corporate Responsibility Users (CRUs) and Individual Responsibility Users (IRUs), the Service Discount described in your AT&T business agreement is NOT available on the DataPlus Personal $15 and the DataConnect $35 plans. DataPlus Personal $15 plan not available for Corporate Responsibility Users.

Your individual results may vary based on your group's agreement with AT&T. Yes, that means that you might get a discount on the $25 DataPro plan as the example above shows....

Dave

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I was told by the person that negotiated the contract that our discount is on ALL recurring monthly charges.

Of course I get to my account and I see the iPhone data plan is excluded. :mad:

16. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

my fan account discounts everything except the text message plans

17. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Mine too. I will be new to AT&T (for the 2nd time) and I will be pre-ordering through my Premier site so I can get the FAN discount applied from day 1.

18. me2000 macrumors 6502

Yep. I get 25% off voice + data.

Edit: meant 25%

19. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

how do I view that screen before I sign up?? I have a the unlimited data which is discounted, by the other line on my account is looking to get a iPhone. if my data is discounted the $15 or $25 data plan might not be?