iPhone- Fancy iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by veo321, Oct 26, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

Hi Everyone a :apple:iPhone:apple: newbie here,

I recently purchased an iPhone thinking I was switching over to AT&T sadly I was wrong, I now have a 16GB iPhone 3G and am not really sure how to use it so I jailbroke it and its actually pretty cool. I basically have my self a shiny iPod Touch w/ camera. Just what I always hoped apple would make! Any suggestions on what I should do to get rid of the annoying "No Sim Card Installed alerts":confused:

Thanks

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

put the att sim card that comes in the box or unlock it, sell it or buy a at&t prepaid.

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Put it into aeroplane mode. You'll still be able to use wifi.

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

But that shuts off GPS, and some other goodies. Theres gotta be an [jailbroken] app for that

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Shuts off what GPS? There is no service on the phone, meaning airplane mode would disable an antennas trying to reach out to look for service which in the end would drain the battery quicker.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Make It Mine and FakeCarrier both allow you to change the text in the upper left corner along with the time in the center if you so choose.

Service isn't necessary to use the GPS. It relies on satellites.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I knew that but I thought because it was assisted GPS it still needed actual "service" to make the solid connection.

8. lllll macrumors regular

If what that girl suggested is true. Who cares about GPS. and Who cares about battery draining. just keep it plug in. I would rather have the Internet above all else.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You need the service to download map data, otherwise you're just a bright blue dot on a gray background. I would imagine with the Tom Tom app you'd be able to view the maps without service, but I've never used it.