iphone feature i want

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukebound85, Apr 12, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

is to have the main screen be the center screen

that way, i wouldnt have to flip through 9 pages of apps to get to an app i wanted on that last page

would be cool to have the home button take you to middle as default and then flip 4 either left or right to still have the 9 pages of apps

so instead of

xyyyyyyyy with x being home page and y being the pages of apps

yyyyxyyyy and have the home button still take you to x

2. kh14 macrumors member

yea that would be cool but i think you would find yourself wanting the old home screen back. Btw can you plez click the link in my signiture. Nobody has signed up yet and its making me angry:mad: I promise its cool

3. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

That is a great idea.

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

it would be the same home screen

5. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

not going to happen. if anything the new spotlight screen will help solve this issue much like it does on macs. flip left to the spotlight screen, type the first few letters, done.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I doubt it will happen because I think it will confuse casual users or they'll complain about the fact that you have to switch left and right to get to what you want, which is unfortunate because it is a semi ok idea.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can very easily do this now, however the home button shortcut won't work.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The home button shortcut is pretty much the whole point he's making. It's pointless without it.

9. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

With the Spotlight feature in 3.0 that will be pointless and the problem will be solved. Go ahead and have 180 apps, it will be easy to search all of them. Of course, I don't understand how you have 180 apps anyways.

10. gjw4u macrumors 6502

And which signature would that be?

11. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i dont have that many apps but enough apps to be aggravted by this

i just hate scrolling multiple pages to get to something at times. the less fingerswipes the better imo

why not have the spotlight be a scroll down, scroll over menu bar like boss prefs, or something? as opposed to a scroll left?

12. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Whats even more frustrating than flipping through 9 screens to finally get the app I want is that most of the times I have to go through all 9 screens back and forth just to find where it actually is. I keep on trying new apps every now and then and keep deleteing the ones I dont like making it very hard to keep track of the App`s placement on my iPhone home screens. So I too believe spotlight is going to be a a much more practical and easier option than making the center screen as default.

13. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Spotlight isn't going to make that much of a difference. It's a lot easier to touch the app than type it's name.

On jailbroken phones, we've had "Spotlight" in the form of QuickGold for a while. I tap the home button and up comes a search for finding any app or contact or whatever I want. This is really nice because then I can have some apps hidden so they don't even appear on my homescreen because I don't use them often. I can still open them from my search though and it keeps my homescreens small so I can find common ones easier. :D

Although, hiding won't be an option without jailbreaking, even on 3.0.