Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Ever notice how most mobile phones which do music or pictures or internet do atleast two of the three plus make calls but none of them well.

All the working features of the iPhone work and tend to be a step above their partners.

Safari mobile Raises the bar, iPods are always recognized as the best music player to own (if money is no object), For two mega pixels i was blown away.

Even the iPhones most publicized contender is really a joke.

The internet is noticeably quicker but the voyager only goes to mobile web sites via a preset redirect system.

Stereo speakers are so so but i couldn't help but fall down laughing after learning they are on the inside screen (explains the muffled sound).

V-cast is impressive but looks worse than youtube over edge and costs more, allot more.

No music hunter service, (Really i thought that was a good Verizon wireless selling point).

Single touch screen interface that sports horizontal keyboard for internet ( i'd rather kill myself than try it again ). Touch screen texting via high latency imitation of phone buttons (I just put down the phone for a moment to break something i owned). And The thing is has the dementions of two shortened jumbo snickers bars with half of the reward inside.

What else does the iPhone have or could have that Set a new standard for smart phones and multi media phones in general.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
The internet is noticeably quicker but the voyager only goes to mobile web sites via a preset redirect system.

While I disagree with much of what you said, this statement is absolutely false. The Voyager has a full HTML browser with JavaScript. It will navigate to any website. You really should do a little more research before making such bold statements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.