Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jocab64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2008
I ran into a problem while listening to my iphone 4 over my car speakers today. I had my iphone plugged into my stereo through the aux. input when i received a call. The music faded and I answered the call like I always had previously with my 3g. In the past the caller's voice would be played over the car speakers and the microphone on the iphone would pick up my voice. With the iphone 4 however it seems like my voice was also being played over the car speakers causing an audio feedback loop. Is this due to the new noise canceling mic on the top? Anyone else having this problem.

SeattleDandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Yeah. I get that too.

I just bought my iphone 4 this week and discovered this yesterday. I was hoping I was the only one that was getting feedback when taking a call over my car stereo speakers. Bummer.

Unless of course you've found a solution. In which case you're my new BFF.

CALL ME. From your CAR. Over your STEREO. Without any FEEDBACK.
K-Thanks-Bye. =0)

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
I have a "feedback" problem when my iPhone is close to my land line telephone. Not sure if it is just that particular phone or what but I can't get my iPhone (or my new macbook pro) close to it without experiencing this feed back. I'm assuming it has to do with the SSD (MBP) or the flash drive (iP4) as my wife's macbook (HDD) doesn't experience the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.