iPhone fell in Water

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by serkan, Oct 14, 2014.

1. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

Hey guys ;

My gf had an issue 2 days ago which ended up losing grip in her phone and iPhone ended up in the toilet. She grabbed it quickly and tried to dry it with towel. we have put it in to the rice for a night and today it was the second day in rice. She took it out she said that there is flashlight on but no screen opening or movements.

What should I do or what can we do, before we taking it to Apple Store or waiting more in rice. Cuz I don't like to hand it to guys at our Apple Store cuz they are incredibly unprepared. I just don't like their service.

Any advices ?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If you have applecare+ and it's still under warranty they might do an OoW replacement. Fee depends on which iPhone it was.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Maybe let it sit on the rice for another day and if that did not fix, then I guess you have no choice but to take it to Apple.

4. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

my iPhone 5 took a dunk last week...rice doesn't work with iPhones, only with old cellphones. I had to purchase an iPhone 6 at full price and will have it tomorrow.

5. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Rice doesn't always fix it, but it helps.