Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Well I was Sad!..:( but then like 10 seconds later I was over it :cool:

Thank Fully when it fell, it slammed vertically and then it bounced and fell on it's back ^^ (So not screen shattering problem)

The damage, I would say, is minimal. A few itty bitty scratches, but a couple larger ones by the camera. Maybe it is because I have the White Iphone, but I do believe they are not that noticeable.

Anyways my question is, if for some reason in the distant future, my phone starts to fail me, (Sorry, cannot think of a possible predicament, but nothing along the lines of water damage/tripping ,car running over it, etc.), would apple give me a refurb. replacement?

Thank You ^^, I will upload of pic if anyone wants to see the damage to give better advise upon request:):D

apple3g040193

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
my friend was using the shotgun app and he threw my phone thankfully it was in a case there was a scratch on the top and wen my phone locked up on me like 3 months later i got a replacement no questions asked. Apple loves you :D

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Thank You everyone for the helpful comments :D
I really appreciate it!:)

btw, I tried to take a picture of it, but I guess the whiteness of the phone and the thinness of the scratch really make it difficult for the camera to snap a good, descriptive, photo of the area of damage...

apple3g040193

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I would get a new friend. ;) I always get so scared when people hold my phone.

trust me i then took the phone went to my class and he has not touched my phone since if it would of broke he would shell out the 450 for a new one then a beating would insue lol

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
trust me i then took the phone went to my class and he has not touched my phone since if it would of broke he would shell out the 450 for a new one then a beating would insue lol

You'd beat your friend for accidentally dropping your phone? 0.o

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
thats why you should get a case.. you dont take care of you iphone and then want apple to give you a replacement after dropping it and it having damage caused from drops? get a case first thing.
you will only do good for yourself. stay protected friendo

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
thats why you should get a case.. you dont take care of you iphone and then want apple to give you a replacement after dropping it and it having damage caused from drops? get a case first thing.
you will only do good for yourself. stay protected friendo

A case is a great idea. My friend accidentally dropped a square-shaped plate, and one of the corners came crashing down onto the screen of the phone. Luckily he had insurance on the phone, so it was replaced pretty quickly. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry.

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
Honestly, it's a case by case scenario.

If you have an anal retentive Genius, or a Genius who's having a bad day, or something along those lines, they might refuse to give you a refurb replacement.

If you have a nice Genius, or one who is a bit lax about the warrant policy, etc, you'd get a refurb replacement.

If the scratches aren't all that noticeable and doesn't look like you dropped/damaged your iPhone in an accidental way, then you should be peachy.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
we need

my friend was using the shotgun app and he threw my phone thankfully it was in a case there was a scratch on the top and wen my phone locked up on me like 3 months later i got a replacement no questions asked. Apple loves you :D

the youtube video on this sounds amusing, ;) kind ok like those Wii video's when it 1st came out. maybe a t-shirt that says friends don't let friends use shotgun apps. or just there Iphone I think I like that one.

JennaLDS

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Utah!
Wow.. bricking the iphone.. been there done that.. although.. mine was shattered.. so it was an ugly brick lol

MadMacxxx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
needpics.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.