Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voodoofish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
London
I just received one of the new iPhone FineWoven Wallets which I'd ordered on Tuesday. When attach it I don't get any Find My prompt, and if I try to add it in Find My as a MagSafe accessory I get a "Not Supported" message:

IMG_1327.jpg

I'm on iOS 16.6.1, I assume I need to wait for iOS 17 before it will be recognised?

Here's a picture of it on my 12 Pro if anyone is interested:

tempImagejqSCVF.jpg

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
this seems to only work with IOS 17 wait until Monday install the update and should work.

if not then could be faulty chip in the wallet

Reactions: voodoofish

voodoofish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
London
Assume that's the blue?
It's actually Taupe! I thought that colour would look most like brown leather wallet, doesn't really look that similar in real life. I think white balance in that picture has caused it to look more grey and less brown than it does in real life.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I have iOS 17 RC installed and it works. So you either have to wait until monday or install the RC Version.

Reactions: voodoofish

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
I just received one of the new iPhone FineWoven Wallets which I'd ordered on Tuesday. When attach it I don't get any Find My prompt, and if I try to add it in Find My as a MagSafe accessory I get a "Not Supported" message:

View attachment 2261589

I'm on iOS 16.6.1, I assume I need to wait for iOS 17 before it will be recognised?

Here's a picture of it on my 12 Pro if anyone is interested:

View attachment 2261593
I have the exact same problem. I talked to their support and tried everything they suggested, but nothing worked.
I'll wait for iOS 17 and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I tested it on three different iPhones (on two 13 and one 12 mini), all are running 16.6.1, and on all of them I get the error message that the MagSafe accessory is not supported. So I'm pretty sure iOS is the problem. Hopefully iOS 17 fixes it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.