iPhone + firesheep--any way to forget all unsecured networks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mostlymac, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mostlymac macrumors newbie

With the new threat of firesheep, it only makes sense to stop using unsecured networks. Unfortunately, if you use settings-->network, it (seems to) only allow you to forget networks that are currently in range. How do you make it forget other networks?

My iphone remembers all kinds of such networks from my travels, local and otherwise, so potentially it could be logging on in my pocket (unless I keep wifi off all the time). I want to keep my secured networks (because I use them and don't want to re-enter passwords) and forget all the unsecured ones. So, is there some way to choose from a list of all the networks the iphone knows?

Thanks!!

2. self macrumors regular

You can tell it to forget all with
    Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings

3. mostlymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, self. I guess I might do that as a last resort. I'd like to keep the secured networks (and their passwords) if possible. Also, doesn't the network reset forget other info I might want?

So, still looking for another answer...maybe it doesn't exist?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot.
    You will either have to go in and manually forget network each time you're on those open wifi's or reset network settings and forget all of them.
    You cant remove just the open and keep the secured ones.