Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helmigurt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Austria
Hi All!

I have my old 8 GB first Generation iPhone lying at my desk and plugged into my macbook. It shows the "connect to itunes" picture but itunes wont recognize the phone. It loads the akku though!

It was jailbreaked before because its one of the first at&t iPhones I imported from us to austria back in 2007. (I was the coolest guy around for a few months..:cool:)

So what can I do? I tested on my macbook and my imac but no reaction from itunes whatsoever!

Thx in advance!

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Hi All!

I have my old 8 GB first Generation iPhone lying at my desk and plugged into my macbook. It shows the "connect to itunes" picture but itunes wont recognize the phone. It loads the akku though!

It was jailbreaked before because its one of the first at&t iPhones I imported from us to austria back in 2007. (I was the coolest guy around for a few months..:cool:)

So what can I do? I tested on my macbook and my imac but no reaction from itunes whatsoever!

Thx in advance!

Try putting it into DFU mode, iTunes should see it then.

How to get into DFU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.