iPhone first Generation Stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasonMI, Jun 23, 2008.

1. MasonMI macrumors regular

Is Apple or AT&T still selling the first generation iphone? or have the stock been depleted?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Mostly gone. You may find it at some ATT stores.

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

There was a comment in one of the threads after WWDC that said AT&T corporate requested any stock to be sent back. Not sure if there is any truth around this, but would make sense.

I think I bought the last 16Gb phone available on 6/9 from my local AT&T store. Good luck on your search of a new gen 1 from Apple and AT&T.

4. angel1286 macrumors member

i dont think any apple stores are selling the first gen anymore, and there was a thread with an att memo saying that all att store were to send back all of the remaining iphones that they had in stock back to some distribution center in Texas. so good luck

5. d.mcdgll macrumors newbie

Finding one would be pretty hard I would imagine. In May, Apple was sending stores less and less phones until they ultimately had no more (just in time for WWDC). That was one of the big red flags that the new one would be coming out soon.

6. saxamoophone macrumors regular

I'm hoping they still have one more round of refurbs on att.com in the coming month.

In retrospect, I really should have jumped on this last month they had them! Stupid Me!

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

really - what a waste of iPhones.. and the 3g iPhone wont be for me until it comes in 32gb.... shame these fools dont wanna sell the old non-3g Iphones...

8. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

thus the magic of eBay. :D

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So you are basically calling 2 huge corporate companies fools because they know what they are doing and you don't. :confused:

10. Geffen macrumors 6502

You can try some of the AT&T stores they may have some i do not think Apple stores will have any of the 1st iphones anymore you can always check out ebay