Iphone flag mp3s for deletion on the go

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whoami4546, Apr 11, 2009.

1. whoami4546 macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken iphone. I just copied a bunch of my friends mp3's to my itunes library. The problem is i do not like all of his songs. I do not want to sit at my pc and manually go through all the songs. What i want to do is use shuffle on my iphone and flag the songs i do not like and have them be deleted when i sync with my pc. Is this possible?

2. cnuke macrumors newbie

Actually, yes you can... With a little trick.

You can give ratings for each song on your iPhone (or any iPod which has a screen). Pick a rating, let's say one-star, to rate the songs you would like to delete. In iTunes, you can either manually rank the songs to see which songs has one-star, or you can also create a smart-folder which lists songs with one star automatically. Either way, you can remove those songs from your list easily.

3. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

You can't delete them automatically once you sync to iTunes. However, you can place all the tracks in an On-the-Go playlist, and then do a simple delete once you sync to your iTunes.