iPhone flash charging, then "Charging is not supported with this accessory"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corzaman, Dec 20, 2010.

1. corzaman macrumors newbie

Two days ago I was at a festival which was raining, but managed to keep my iPhone fairly dry in a ziplock bag (it did open a couple of times). It randomly started flashing a message stating "Accessory is not compatible with iPhone", even though there was nothing attached. This eventually stopped, however I plugged my iPhone in to charge last night, and it would charge for about half a second, then not charge; it would repeat this process about 5 times and state "Charging is not supported with this accessory". I kept it plugged in overnight and managed to get 50% charge (from 5%). Also, there is a crack in the outer case of the iPhone about an inch long going vertical from the bottom dock connector, but it seems that the actual dock connector is intact. Why would this message be appearing, could it be a moisture build up or outer case issue? If so, how can I fix this? If not, what can I do to find out how to fix this?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Which model iPhone? Is it under warranty? Are the water sensors tripped?

Of course the answer is obvious. Take it to Apple and see what they can do for you. :cool:

3. corzaman thread starter macrumors newbie

From what I can see, the water sensors are not showing pink. And it is not currently under warranty :( I guess I will have to take it somewhere as i have tried cleaning out both the headphone jack and dock connector without any luck.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Crack in the outer case doesn't sound good when coupled with moisture. Any integrity to avoid water damage may have been breached by the crack.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

It definitely sounds like you got some water in there - it may not have been from a lot of water getting in the bag, but since you opened it you could have introduced condensation that is a frequent culprit of moisture damage.