iPhone flash leaves me jaundiced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kproberts, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Kproberts macrumors newbie

I am sorry but despite the hype over the camera on the new iPhone it has two serious defects, noise and a flash colour cast.

I was expecting there to be noise (grain) on the new camera because the more pixels you squeeze onto a small chip the more electrical interference the pixels generate towards each other. This is inevitable.

However, I was not expecting the new built in flash to cause a yellow cast over the entire picture leaving subjects looking as if they were suffering from jaundice. Because of this defect the flash is virtually useless unless you like Andy Warhol type pictures. Has anybody else had this problem?:mad:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What's the alternative? Pitch black photos?

If you leave it in Auto, it won't use flash if it doesn't need to.

3. stalyons macrumors newbie

I agree 100%, the camera just plain sucks unless you are in good natural lighting. The video camera has a yellow tint too most of the time, especially indoors. I :apple:

4. nasa25 macrumors 65816

whats wrong with having jaundice? Who am I to discriminate against you due to the fact that you might or might not have jaundice when displayed in pictures.

non issue

5. hippo206 macrumors 6502

lol, love the title.

Personally, I think the flash is decent considering it is coming from a phone. My wifes old BB had a flash, and when I look at side by side (on the computer screen) pictures they look about the same.

If I have any issues with the flash, it is that when left on auto, the camera sometimes uses the flash when it doesn't need to, and vice versa, sometimes it doesn't use the flash when it clearly should. But if I decide when I want the flash, my pictures usually come out to my expectation.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

this part made me giggle. You have no idea what you're talking about, but you state your conjecture as fact.

Did you remove the plastic film from the back of your phone. Some users were having the same issue and it was caused by the film on the back.