iphone flash theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speakerwizard, Jun 15, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

2. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I think the latter is much more likley (h264 support) but with that said, I am sure Apple is working on something to get flash. It is gonna make a lot of people mad when they cant watch flash videos on the iPhone.

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am fairly confident that flash will come to the iPhone. Its going to take a few months though.

4. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

I'm curious though. I havn't used a pocketpc in years, but are there any smartphones out there that are powerful enough to play flash video? Can Treos do flash?

5. kamiboy macrumors 6502

All I know is that flash sites can bring even the mightiest setups to thier knees. How would a mobile run them then?

6. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Flash is a memory hog, but not even close to as much as you are portraying! Come on guys, theres no excuse for this....the EXTREMELY UNDERPOWERED Wii handles ALL flash websites that I've visited just fine! There is no reason to believe that the iPhone could not handle it.

7. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Underpowered compared to what? Phones? The Wii plays games like The Legend of Zelda and Resident Evil 4. Show me a phone that can do that.

BTW, a Youtube video running on a MacMini 1.8 CoreDuo with 1.25GB RAM uses 20-25% CPU. My 17" Powerbook G4 averages 50-70% CPU usage playing a Youtube video.

8. ozthegweat macrumors regular

Yeah right, the iPhone and the Wii are the same kind of devices. Hey, the Wii has a component output (480p) and a DVD drive, so the iPhone should be the perfect DVD player that you can hook up to a high definition beamer...:rolleyes: