Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. Rengers

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
The Netherlands
Hey,

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could upload your photo's to a Flickr account directly from iPhone? So you've shot a cool photo using the build in camera, then directly upload it.

Maybe this will be possible with YouTube as well, but I don't think iPhone has enough power to compress it.

Dr. Rengers

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Hey,

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could upload your photo's to a Flickr account directly from iPhone? So you've shot a cool photo using the build in camera, then directly upload it.

Maybe this will be possible with YouTube as well, but I don't think iPhone has enough power to compress it.

Dr. Rengers

both will almost certainly be possible, as it is the full internet, upload forms will have to be available. you will be able to choose any file on your iphone storage, so apple will have to think of a way to browse photos etc.

as for youtube, when you upload a video, the original is converted via youtube's servers at the other end, not on your machine, so it will be possible.

who think that apple is going to make a way to upload your photos to the web, or will they make it difficult due to the organisation of libraries?

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
This kinda thing is already possible today, 3rd party software like Shozu allows you to upload your media from the phone to services like YouTube and Flickr.

The only restriction would come because of the data charge in uploading the media, (Photos from Photobooth are taken at 640x480, not at 2MP) it also depends on whether Apple implements this or allows the use of 3rd party software on the iPhone.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
as for youtube, when you upload a video, the original is converted via youtube's servers at the other end, not on your machine, so it will be possible.

With YouTube already transcoding everything over to h.264, depending on how the iPhone captures and stores video from it's camera, it may not need to be transcoded at all. It would be fantastic if you could either post things directly to the web (and therefore aTV) via youtube, but it would also be nice to have a similar ability through .Mac (for those more private videos ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.