Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Which is best FM Transmitter that works with the iPhone? I know none of the ones that use the ipod screen to change frequencies dont work so those are out. But what about the one million other ones out there. Do people have experience with it? I know many make u turn the phone into airplane mode, which i could deal with but not love. Are there any that simply work without going into airplane mode? I dont mind the occasional GSM noise and long as for the most part i can hear my music. Let me know if you guys have any specific products or experience with this issue.

Daniel

Ahiqar

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Fox Cities, WI
Depends . . .

I've found that the success of FM transmitters depends as much on where you live as it does on the transmitter itself. For example, I live in the D.C. area and I can't find a frequency on the FM dial where there is not interference from a radio station. None of the transmitters work for me. I hope it's different for you, but it's something to think about . . .

lauderdalehawk4

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
This is the only thing keeping me from getting an iphone

I have a dlo adapter I use for my aging 20 gig ipod, anybody know if it would work on the iphone?

DeadThreads

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
This is the only thing keeping me from getting an iphone

I have a dlo adapter I use for my aging 20 gig ipod, anybody know if it would work on the iphone?

I have a dlo and the answer is no it will not work.

If anyone finds a good one that will charge and transmit please post it here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.