iPhone for Business Customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hls811, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I was on w/ my AT&T rep today and I mentioned the iPhone and he informed me that he was recently told that they initially will not be available for corporate customers, only single users. He wasn't sure how long this would be in effect.. His personal rationale for this is that they don't want to be bombarded with companies calling up ordering 100 or 500+ of them at a shot and limiting the number available...

Just thought this was interesting...

2. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

:cool: Hardly. Not surprising in the least. Though I don't imagine many companies planned to order 100 iPods for their employees.

3. 66217 Guest

Considering the price of the iPhone, I don't think that a lot of companies would buy them for their employees. But who knows...

4. indig0blue macrumors member

I love the iPhone. I am becoming more of an Apple fanboy everyday.

Having said that, if I were the CEO of a company and someone in my company ordered 100 iPhones for the IT staff, I would fire them immediately.

I have posted threads asking questions about push email issues and have reaffirmed by people on this board and co-workers I have asked that IMAP has security issues and most companies wont allow it. This removes the push email experience from the iPhone without some weird mail forwarding workarounds.

I don't see why any company would purchase a bunch of phones for business use. This is not a business phone.

5. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I could see why this wouldn't be available on corporate contracts. It's really not suitable as a business phone, and without the implementation of IT policies and corporate contracting, I don't see it being a business phone for awhile.

That said, you can usually buy a personal phone and use the corporate service discounts (on voice, not data) through the business store.

6. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I used to have VZW but my contract just ended and when I was thinking about the iPhone contract, I was reminded my father's business uses AT&T and he offered to make my line an extension to their account. Will I still be able to do it this way or will I need my own line? I'll call my local store soon; just wanted your opinions.

7. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

you may be able to do this in store but i suggest calling the business center (they're a lot better than the consumer center) about this, have handy your father's number and the corporate foundation account # (5 digits, I believe).

8. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Due to the high number of requests at the company I work for, they won't be purchasing iPhones for people. However, if the employee pays the cost of the phone they will activate it under the company plan. This is what I have plans to do.

9. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I run an IT department and would have purchased one (or 2?) for testing and comparison purposes. We currently have company provided blackberries and I know others will ask about the iPhone - I would only have gotten it for comparison purposes.. but not out of my own pocket!