Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToothLoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I'm rather PO'd!!!!!! I waited in the lines, paid $1200 or so for 2 of them, only to get home and find out you can't use them on business plans... What is this garbage?!?!? Who cares? It's a phone, what's the difference how the plan is paid for? I have 2 8525's that has more features then this, for the most part and this is what they do? And for not mentioning it ANYWHERE in any of their marketing BS? Anyone know anyway around this? Of course without converting the account to a personal?

I'm rather pissed...!

Tooth

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
This was long known and discussed even before the phone went on sale.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have to pay to play when it comes to this phone.

Apple has changed all the rules with the iphone

ToothLoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
This was long known and discussed even before the phone went on sale.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have to pay to play when it comes to this phone.

Apple has changed all the rules with the iphone

I have no problem with paying to play... Can you post a link to any previous discussions pls? And also, why wouldn't the guy at the Apple store state this after I insisted on paying with a business check as it was a business account with Cingular?!? There's nothing posted on either Apple or At&t's sites that I can see...

Anyway, thanx for the post, a link would be appreciated.

ToothLoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Thanx for the link... But I think there's a little confusion here. I don't mind the corp discounts, etc, but the thing is, you can't use this phone unless you have a personal/consumer account. We have an account that is setup under a business account, Federal tax ID instead of a SSN, etc. So who cares?

So someone please tell me what the difference is? I think if someone wants to sign up for a business account, at normal fees, so be it. What is the reason behind not allowing this phone to be used for business purposes?

We have 3 lines with 3 different area codes, 3 different phones, 2 8525's and a Blackjack, who cares what kind of phone(s) are used for the account?

~Tooth~

gotwish

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I also bought 2 iphones and couldn't use my business account (10 phones). To add to the irritation, AT&T made my wife wait 30 more minutes to run a credit check! I haven't activated my phone yet--I might take it back just on gp's.

paintgirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
we had the same problem too. bought it on a buisness account and no worky. what got me was when we called they said, oh yeah, it doesnt work on business account yet there is a business line to call and they never said it any place that does not work with business.

I was lucky enough that we are a very good customer of the local office and the manager did some fenagling with our account to get it to work.

paintgirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Thanx for the link... But I think there's a little confusion here. I don't mind the corp discounts, etc, but the thing is, you can't use this phone unless you have a personal/consumer account. We have an account that is setup under a business account, Federal tax ID instead of a SSN, etc. So who cares?

So someone please tell me what the difference is? I think if someone wants to sign up for a business account, at normal fees, so be it. What is the reason behind not allowing this phone to be used for business purposes?

We have 3 lines with 3 different area codes, 3 different phones, 2 8525's and a Blackjack, who cares what kind of phone(s) are used for the account?

~Tooth~

I was yelling and screaming the the rep and the manager saying I waitied in line for hours for a phone that CLEARLY is geared to the business person who is on the go and I cant work with a business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.