iPhone for Developing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by veo321, Apr 24, 2010.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I'm an iPhone Developer who wants to test apps that involve using your camera, so I bought an iPhone 3G used, and loaded the 4.0 firmware. Wait I have no AT&T SIM CARD :( Do I have to wait for a jailbreak?

2. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

How can you be an developer and not know this?

I think what you meant to say was:
    "I'm an iPhone 3g owner who mistakenly upgraded to 4.0 software and lost my jailbreak and unlock. What do I do?"

Matt

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Also forgot

I'm not with AT&T so I can't activate my phone. Do I need to wait for a Unlock. :rolleyes: please tell me you develop Fart Apps. :p also concerned you want to dev a app that uses my camera whats wrong with your camera.

4. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

I am guessing English is not the Op's first language hence why he wrote "your camera"

there's no need to be harsh and "exploit" him for that...you get the just of what he is saying, why waste everybody's time and make fun of it?

Speaking of the English language, remember what your second grade English teacher said: "It's always 'an' before vowels, not 'a'." and when you are asking a question, you might want to end the sentence with "?" (Question mark) ;)...Again maybe English is also your second language and I am no better than you by nit-picking your bad dictation and grammar.:p

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

to be honest

Sadly for me English is my 1st language and I suck at it. I have been bashed for my grammar skill many times here and other places. I was more less making light of the situation. Most Developers don't ask these questions any way TS 4.0 unlock won't be out till after 4.0 is officially unlocked you can use a friends AT&T sim card just to activate it. or a Go phone sim, Pretty hard though being on other then the main networks to be a Developer because Unlocks always come out after the the firmware is officially released. Most Dev like to have there apps ready for the official releases. it is between day and months between jb/un releases once the firmware comes out.

6. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Haha You're right, It's pretty obvious the OP is not coming clean and saying what his true actions and intentions were.
    Maybe he did pay Apple $99 for the SDK and the 4.0 beta firmware (my guess is he downloaded the 4.0 beta from an online torrent or something, like many impatient, eager beavers)

But now I think, he realizes that he is not with an official Carrier and he will lose (or already lost his) unlock and jailbreak and most likely has a phone with nothing but the USB and iTunes logo on the screen :confused:

That's what I'm getting from his vague words anyway.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Look at the OP's other posts

He may fancy himself as a developer, but I say he is an impatient youngster who can't wait to get 4.0 (beta or not) running on his phone.

He certainly doesn't have even any basic knowledge about simple things like iPhone activation much less complex issues like software creation.