iPhone for the 3rd time, still not convinced....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T4R06, Mar 5, 2008.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

a lot of threads similar on my problems.. it was yesterday went to apple store and had no problems replacing another iphone. i bought the original (brand new!!!) last november. 2nd replacement was last month due to battery drain after 1.1.4 update. and now the 3rd replacement saw a little 2 dead pixel on it.. it was perfect screen. im reading on forums that apple doesnt replace something like dead pixel?

im tired going at apple store....

EDIT: expecting to resolve this later (after work)

2. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

I had a single dead pixel and they gave me a new phone on the spot. Good luck.

3. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah they keep on giving us a refurbished ones. Though they are saying its remanufactured. So looks like brand new...

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

All companies make warranty replacements with "refurbs". These are sometimes called "Maintenance Spares". Unless they don't have any refurbed units (like when a product has just been released), you are probably going to get a refurb if you have it replaced...

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

At one point, there were brand new units mixed in with the refurbs. Do you know how to check the difference between the two by looking at the product number? I forget how, but there's a way.

6. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

go to settings general about. And you will see the model number it'd says MA712LL

7. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

last night i receive a survey from them. i stated my problems and this morning i got a call from apple store and they will replace it with a new iphone (retail)

i guess this is on black box?

cool! :apple: