iPhone for the rest of us?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdpfilms, Jun 5, 2007.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Last year my Cingular plan was cancelled due to using "too many partner network minutes", or in other words, I live in the boonies where there's no Cingular-exclusive coverage.

Is there a solution for those of us who don't live in metro areas where there's exclusive coverage? Unfortunately both my home state of Vermont and my current residence of Montana are without such coverage. Is there a solution?

Isn't it somewhat nonsensical that I have GSM coverage here, am fully willing to pay for it, but still can't purchase and use an iPhone? Heck, I'd even pay premium for a "roaming plan" or something similar to allow it. Any ideas or solutions you've found?

2. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Can you use an address in a covered location? A PO box might even do the trick.

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You can, and in fact, that's what I was doing earlier this year- but it doesn't solve the fact that all my minutes were on the "partner" towers.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

As simple as it sounds I recommend just going to a Cingular/AT&T corporate store and talking to a manager. Be polite and explain your situation and I think there's probably something they can do, especially if you're going to buy a $500 phone and a profit-heavy data plan.