iPhone for Verizon???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prof., Nov 22, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Will there ever be an iPhone for Verizon wireless?

If the answer is "no" I am sooooo leaving Verizon.

Thanks,

Prof. :apple:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I know little about the US networks, but doesn't Verizon run on something other than GSM? If so it's very likely you'll have a long wait. Might be possible when they're out of any exclusivity deals, even then it's a long way from a sure thing.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

All I know is Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Will that affect anything?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Apple's exclusive deal with ATT is reported to be for 5 years. That is the soonest you could expect an iPhone to run on a non GSM (Verizon, Sprint) network.

So, if you want an iPhone, you are sooooo leaving Verizon.

5. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Screw it, I am leaving Verizon effective......... when I get $300 for the cancelation fee and $430 for the iPhone :(

*throws temper tantrum*
    I want the iPhone NOW :mad:

6. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Sell your phones on Craigslist or eBay

BUT since your coming from VZW, maybe you should buy the iphone and take a test drive for 14 days on the AT&T network and get a temp number for 30 days with AT&T , than if you like it you can port over. Even if you go past the 14 day return policy for the iPhone, you can always sell it. Trust me from past experience I have sold 2 iPhones on Craigslist and the longest I had to wait before meeting someone with cash was 8 hours, this way if it does not work out you can stay with VZW and not have to worry up front, if you like the iPhone and AT&T's network is up to your standards, likeing or what ever than you'll have to worry about the ETF fee. You mite want to look into making your VZW acct in active and not pay for service , not sure if they offer something like that but you never know till you ask.

MY view is VZW has a great network and data, but AT&T is catching up fast, even though here in the states I believe 3G is old hat, than again I maybe wrong .

Best of Luck

the iPhone does ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

$730 is worth it for the iPhone.

Plus i doubt the cancellation fee could be $300? So it might be even cheaper.

8. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I was told $100 per year that you are canceling. I am canceling 3 years; thats $300.

9. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

do what I did... I just transfered my contract from Verizon to someone else...

just use CellSwapper or CellTradeUSA ( google and you shall see )

it's like eBay but ppl take on your cell contract / cell phone.. you can offer cash incentive like I did for my plan, and everything was switched over in a breeze.. I think I offered $50 incentive and free shipping of the phone... way better than paying $300 cancellation fee... bad thing is you won't get to keep your #... but eh, it's nice to get a new number sometimes..

10. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Would your name still be on the contract?

Never mind. I went to the celltrade site and seen that it will be transferred through the cellphone company.
    Thanks for the heads up.

11. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

Your wait will be 5 years at the least.