iPhone form US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nsheikh80, Oct 19, 2007.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

I live in the UK. A friend of mine is in the US at the moment on holiday (he is also from the UK). He tried to buy an iPhone from the Apple Store but they said that you can only buy the iPhone if you have a credit card registered in the US, that sounds crazy! You can't even pay cash?!?!? I thought cash was king? Can anyone please clarify and provide any alternative solutions?

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Are you sure that he is not spinning you a yarn and just making an excuse? I'm sure that there are many people on these forums who have used U.K. credit cards or cash to buy an iPhone in the U.S.A.

Anyway, why are you bothering when you will be able to buy a U.K. model with no possible warranty problems in just three weeks.

3. nsheikh80 thread starter macrumors regular

nsheikh80

He is a good friend of mine so I would be surprised if he is lying. He didn't mention whether he could or couldn't use cash, only credit cards. I have now emailed him asking if he can pay cash, if so, I can get the cash out to him, no problems. I just wanted to confirm with others.

As for waiting for it to come out in the UK...

1) I have 6 months left on existing contract
    2) £270 versus £200 = no brainer
    3) O2 tariffs are not very competitive (IMHO)
    4) Even if I buy it from the UK I'm still going to hack the hell out of it so why not just buy it from the US of A?

4. JaysonM macrumors newbie

Ipod policy is stupid!

He just playing with You! it can't be so! I just know that if You buy a Ipod Nano with 2Gb memory for 200$ and next day you think that U'd better buy the one with 30 GB!!!! just for 300$, U go to the shop but they tell U - No! You bought it works - no refund no changes! THey are stupid!!! Hate Ipod STUFF

help@starkaz.com

5. nsheikh80 thread starter macrumors regular

nsheikh80

Thanks for this bit of insight but I would like to hear from people who have actually paid cash to purchase an iPhone.