iphone forums should be downgraded

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AlBDamned, Oct 11, 2007.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

When the iPhone was launched there was a huge fanfare and lots of publicity, so it was almost understandable that the new iPhone forums were put under the news and above the Mac and iPod forums.

However, now the hype has mostly died down I think this structure places an artificial sense of importance on the iPhone. In comparison to Macs and iPods, few people actually have one - especially outside the US!

This is reflected in the number of people using the iPhone forums (See pics below for comparisons).

Isn't it time the iPhone forums were put in their rightful place i.e. below the help/mac/buying section - and maybe even below the iPod section?

For some inexplicable reason, the fact that it's placed above the vastly more popular Apple/Mac stuff really irks me for some reason. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would have to agree, and it should be consolidated a bit too.

3. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I really haven't been a member long enough to give any credible insight on what the forums should be but the iPhone section seems to very still overly active compared to most other sections. A new thread in the main iPhone forum gets buried really quickly even with all the subdivisions.

Also iPhone is only being sold in the US right now..wait to later on this year and next when there are 100's of thousands in Europe Asia wanting to participate in discussion. Not to go against the grain of what your suggesting but I think a Euro/Asia category might be in order just to keep new threads from being buried so quickly.