Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
I just got an iPhone and signed a 2 year contract with AT&T,
i was at a local starbucks, and tried to log onto the Free iPhone internet,

but it asked for username and password....?
I presume my username is my cel number....?

But where do i get my password from..?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I just got an iPhone and signed a 2 year contract with AT&T, i was at a local starbucks, and tried to log onto the Free iPhone internet, but it asked for username and password....? I presume my username is my cel number....? But where do i get my password from..?

I've used it quite a bit, but I have AT&T DSL at home, so I just use my XXXXXX@sbcglobal.net, & password, then "poof" I'm in on that Starbuck's action! :cool:

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
I don't think the iPhone service has officially rolled out yet.

You should get a new login screen when the service finally starts.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I don't think the iPhone service has officially rolled out yet. You should get a new login screen when the service finally starts.

I think you are correct; though I've had AT&T DSL for several years, I'm not certain about the iPhone connectivity with T-Mobile at Starbuck's official release. I know my local Starbuck's advertises that iPhone's can connect for free, and that's been in effect for about two weeks now. :cool:

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
So, has anyone successfully used the
Free iPhone internet at Starbucks ?

it was free for a little while (where you could access wifi w/o a password), but now it isn't. rumors are speculating that the free starbucks wifi will be officially announced soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.