iPhone FREE on all Networks in March 08?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bassjunkie, Oct 23, 2007.

1. bassjunkie macrumors newbie

Ok, so I'm with Orange at the moment, oddly, my current contract runs out in the next two months. Orange have just called me as they do when your nearing the end of the contract to see what I was doing. I told them I would be leaving for O2. 'Why?' he asked (as if he needed to!) 'Because I'm getting an iPhone' i told him. He then proceded to ask me if I'll be paying for it, 'Yes of course' I replied. He the told me, and this I found interesting, 'You know they will be free on all networks in March'
    Did I hear him right?? Has anyone else been told this??
    Be interesting to know if anyone has any inside info on this....

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

3. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Record the conversation, get his name/speak to his manager. I think he is lying and just wants you to stay on.

However, if you can get a reference number/recorded convo/his name/speak to manager... we might get somewhere. I still call ******** though.

4. ascender macrumors 68000

Sounds like a big fat lie for quite a lot of reasons, most of them very obvious.

5. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Yet another reason why YouTube isn't such a bad idea. This should have been recorded and thrown on youtube so that it effects his image for the rest of his life. people should really be held accountable for the Mierde that they spout out of their mouths

6. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Sounds like a case of telling lies in an attempt to keep a customer. I do not think this is true.

7. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

Not a chance!

-Leemo

8. sananda macrumors 68020

9. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Yeah Right. This is true. Steve Jobs called him and told him iPhones will be free in March 08 just after he called me and told me iPhone is going to be launched tomorrow in India:rolleyes:

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

There actually may be some truth to this. I read in the Weekly World News that a woman in Saskatchewan got a free unlocked iPhone from a monkey. The monkey apparently flew out of her butt, landed in front of her, and presented her with the phone on a small vanilla scented pillow.

11. Pared macrumors 65816

Ugh. I think I'll hold off until they offer strawberry scented pillows.

Hopefully some of the hackers can fix this!!

12. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Actually, it could just be that he's quoting the French situation where it's required by law to offer the phone unlocked after 6 months.....March 2008 on Orange !

13. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Won't they be close to £500 unlocked though?

14. iguanarama macrumors member

It's quite possible that Orange *didn't* call you. I've had calls purporting to be from Orange before, saying my contract's about to run out etc etc, except I've just renewed two months ago and am on a business contract. Once I talked to Orange about it (I called them, feeling quite pissed off), and they said it wasn't them that called me.

So you probably got a third party hoping to get lucky by randomly calling Orange numbers (or using some dodgy database), and so I'm sure they'd say whatever the hell they wanted to get a sale (which in this case was saying you could just buy a network-free iPhone in March, so why not renew now? :) ).

15. iguanarama macrumors member

...except it's May 2008 at the earliest.

16. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I laughed, I cried.

17. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I've heard some lies in my time but this is one of the most obvious!

18. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

This is of course a lie, but it would be cool for them to be available for all networks. It would save apple a hell of a lot of problems, like dealing with hackers.