Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williameinar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Sierra Leone
I can't seem to find my exact problem described anywhere. I live in West Africa with no access to an Apple store or official reseller, so any advice is MUCH appreciated!

1. Updated iPhone 4 to iOS7. No problems with handling. Sound seems to come and go, often resulting in alarm being silent and me oversleeping No problems with ear buds, only speakers on the phone itself.

2. Upgraded to 7.0.2. Now the screen freezes ALL THE TIME (i.e. becomes unresponsive to touch. The home button still works). Once I activate the phone I can use it between 1 and 30 seconds before it freezes again. When it freezes, I press the power button to lock it, then the home screen to unlock it and I can then use it again for a few seconds. So basically I cannot hang up on a call, doing anything on the phone is next to impossible, and I cannot play ANY games of course. The problem is in all modes: On wi-fi, 3G and in flight mode. (I am not sure if the sound problem is still there)

3. I tried a clean install; a reinstall; turned off iCloud documents; restored factory settings; deleted most of the apps. Nothing seems to work

Any ideas??
Thanks for your time

(I first posted this in the iPhone4/iOS 7 thread but no replies, so trying as a new thread)

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I had that problem a few times with the 4S.
Given the love of some, I eagerly await a response telling the OP its a feature.

Fujitsu1522

macrumors newbie
Ios7 freezing pausing for several seconds 15-20 secs then releasing when you try? As anyone had an answer from apple? My guarantee as run out now on the iPhone 4, please can anyone ask apple for a bug update????? Really feel like throwing in the bin###, I love apple products I have a 27 iMac so I think it would be fare to get a fix for this, please if anyone gets a fix, please advise peteh

kreach

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
Ios7 freezing pausing for several seconds 15-20 secs then releasing when you try? As anyone had an answer from apple? My guarantee as run out now on the iPhone 4, please can anyone ask apple for a bug update????? Really feel like throwing in the bin###, I love apple products I have a 27 iMac so I think it would be fare to get a fix for this, please if anyone gets a fix, please advise peteh

Few points to check :
1) Upgrade to IOS 7.03
2) Enable reduce motion (only available in IOS 7.03 for Iphone 4)
3) Increase contrast = on.
4) Disable icloud document.
5) disable background APP refresh.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I have had the issue numerous times on 2 5s's when browsing the web, the whole thing just locks up for a few seconds. Terribly annoying.

rileyb76

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
My iphone 5 is doing the same thing. I restored in itunes, setup as new and its still doing it.
Did you run across a fix for this issue?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hopefully 7.1 will fix this kind of stuff for those who have been experiencing it.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Restore the phone as new and don't restore a backup to it or install any apps to see if you still have the problem. If not you'll need to narrow it down to which app it is. Is 7.0.2 the latest version for the iPhone 4? If not, upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.