iPhone freezes in Apps, returns to homescreen and sometimes fully resets.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WillJS, Jul 31, 2008.

1. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Anyone else's iPhone's do this? I'm using an app and sometimes the phone will just freeze up and either go back the the "slide to unlock" screen and work fine or sometimes it just fully resets (and takes an awfully long time). I don't have my Mac with me at the moment (sent in to AC) or I would restore it and hope that would fix the problem.

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Take a number and get in line :D Welcome to v2.0, the buggiest iphone firmware release yet, there are many threads on the subject.

3. tobyg macrumors 6502a

Yes. Happens to everyone. 2.0 is quite buggy, as nikhsub1 said. Too bad we can't go back to 1.1.4 on the 3G iPhone. Although then I'd lose my Exchange syncing.

Guess you can't have everything.

4. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Wow, bitter-sweet moment. Glad it's not just me, and sucks that it's everyone. :(

Thanks for the fast replies. :)

5. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

yea this seems to be widespread among 3g users. the weird thing is though that my v1 iphone runs 2.0 fine.... my girlfriend constantly uses my phone to play games b/c her 3g iphone crashes every time she tries to open her games. its kinda funny

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

yeah pretty much all you can do is deal with it or if you're feeling frisky, remove all apps, restore it, then put an app on one at a time until you start seeing problems and maybe then you can isolate the offending one.

More than likely it's just everything but who knows!