iPhone freezing but only in one location!

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by TwoBytes, Mar 31, 2017.

1. TwoBytes, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017

TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

My iPhone 6s Plus had random freezes and stuttering where none of the apps are responding. You click an app and nothing happens.

The strange this is this only happens at home! When I'm out and about and and at work, the phone is fine (wifi and 4g). At home, I have to constantly restart my phone and it locks up randomly if I am not using it and left it alone for a while.

Could be something to do with network settings, WiFi, gps or alike? Other phones in the household are fine.

Had anyone experienced this very strange behaviour before?

Edit: fixed by resetting network settings. I didn't want to lose my settings but at least it fixed the issue. No mor unexplained freezes. Still a strange issue with no explanation for it not liking my unchanged home wifi. Leaving this here in case it helps someone.

2. TwoBytes, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Bumping this, the freezing and non-responding has come back. Anyone have any ideas?

I can unlock my phone but I can't open any app - I can scrolls, move around but every time I load an app it just shows a blank screen. I can't pick a tab, etc