iphone freezing on black streen needs reboot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jalman11, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jalman11 macrumors member

I keep having a problem where I put my phone down and pick it up a few minutes later to find it totally unresponsive with the screen off.

In order to get it on again, i have to do the 10 second hold of standby and home buttons.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it happened to my i4 a few times also.
    I put it down for an hour or so and try to slide to unlock and its completelly turned off.
    Not sure what the deal is.
    I gotta to a hard reset by holding home and power for it to boot up again.

3. yankintx macrumors 6502

I went through the same problems. I could press on the screen and hear keyboard clicks, but the screen was dark. I took phone back to apple and got a new one. I installed my same apps, and the new one did the same thing.

It was not until I deleted my wallpaper app that I got from the app store that the problems stopped. No problems since.

Do you have any wallpaper apps on the phone? If you do, delete them and stick to standard wallpaper for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, no wallpaper app and I can't hear any clicks or anything when that happens. It's like it's just turned off on it's own.
    Weird,

5. pault106 macrumors member

Mine used to do the exact same thing. Started happening after I downloaded some slider theme from Cydia. Removed it and, touch wood, all has been fine the past week or so.