iPhone Freezing Up A LOT!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolb0yalex, Oct 19, 2008.

1. coolb0yalex macrumors member

my iPhone has been freezing up lately... A LOT! (won't wake up from sleep)
    i don't want to bring it in bcause it was also like that on the previous one that I replaced because there was that huge yellow tint.

anyone else experiencing the screen not turning on and then you have to reset the phone?

and

should I bring it in to exchange? i brought it in a few times before. i don't know if they flagged me lol because of their faulty hardware.

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

mine just locks up when I have in incoming call. It is sweet, I get a call can not answer it am then forced to reboot the thing and try calling the person back. I have been getting in the habit of restoring the phone once every two weeks. This way the problem is minimal.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

How long do your restores last? I had to restore last night after safari froze TWICE in one day on me to the point where a reset was required (holding down the home or power buttons individually did nothing). The restore took FOREVER.

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

6. coolb0yalex thread starter macrumors member

bought it day one july 11th?

i just want to know if this is a rare case that I should return...

7. Smoljan macrumors newbie

I had that exact same problem.

I took my iPhone to a genius yesterday. Boy was that a waste of time!
    I explained it to him what happens to my phone so he ran the diagnostics on my phone and it showed up as 0 times my phone has restarted. So I told him well then it's just shutting off I guess or it's just totally unresponsive. He looks at me and tells me "oh, well that's a whole different issue." He told me it can become unresponsive because of some applications blah blah... and that I can hold the home button to quit them. I told him that's not it! He then unplugged my iPhone and handed it to me. I was surprised! I told him "That's it?" He looks at me and tells me, Yupp. I told him it is really annoying having your phone lock up/ shut down 2-3 times a day. He said he understood. Then I told him it sometimes happens after I text message people and it can be random and it happened once after I got off the phone with someone. He then tells me "I'm seeing a pattern between phone calls and text messages, It could be that some of your contacts data is corrupt and you will have to manually re-enter them into your phone." He also told me to restore my phone and set it up as a new phone. I told him that i've done that before and the problem still happened after that.

About now I was getting a little angry... lol :D
    So I told him that i'm just going to go home and restore my phone again, set it up as a new phone and that if my phone continues to have this problem I am going to bring it in again. He tells me Definitely, we want to know what's going on with your phone.

If I didn't tell him "That's It?" He would have let me leave the Apple store with no answers at all!

I restored my phone, again, like he said and I didn't waste my time redoing my contacts. So far, so good. I just hope i'm done with that problem!!! :mad:

8. coolb0yalex thread starter macrumors member

yeah. i just want to exchange it for one that actually works. I hope I can though seeing the past experience listed above 0,0

9. dave.h.3g macrumors member

ive had this problem since the i downloaded the latest firmware..id say on average im restarting my phone 4-5 times a day, and it will happen randomly (my phone doesnt come out of the black screen)
    also, i went to go listen to music last week, and all my music was gone for some reason..a little weird because i hadnt plugged it into the computer in a couple weeks plus its on manual sync