Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derekbain76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
I have had my iPhone for about 3 weeks now however recently it has started freezing on me. What happens is that when the screen is blank (eg not been used for a few minutes) I cannot get the phone to come out the blank screen, pressing the power or home button does nothing. I have to hold the power and home key together to restart my iPhone. This is really annoying as the phone will still ring if someone tries to call me but I cannot do anything as the screen is still blank and unresponsive. This has happened 4 times now in the past week, it doesn't happen all the time but it is still very frustrating. Should I return the phone to the O2 shop or take it to an Apple store? Will they give me a new iphone to replace this one?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I would recommend restoring the phone. If that doesn't work get them to swap it at either the Apple Store or at O2. I'm not sure how O2 works since I'm in a different country but when I had a similar issue with mine they had no problems swapping it at the Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.