iPhone fried?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Okay so i was outside yesterday and it must of been in the low 80s. I needed to go back inside so i left my phone outside for just 5 minutes not even. I come back outside and notice it says TEMPERATURE! on the screen. I Look at the back of the case and the bottom where the connector is has 3 freaking cracks, not your regular kind from when an iphone was dropped, the kind where your iphone just freaking burnt over and died. I don't know about you but should a phone that i payed $300 for be able to last 5 minutes in the mild weather? Should i return it or not? i've had it for almost a year so by july 30 my warranty will expire.

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Battery probably over heated or something... Try and take it back, couldn't hurt

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Do you really need to ask us if you should take your iPhone in to see if it can be replaced after something like that happened?
    I mean, isn't that the obvious course of action?

How about some pictures, so we can see what cracks look like that aren't due to dropping it?

BTW, is the moisture sensor inside the earphone jack still white, or did it turn red?