iPhone friendly sites

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajbart, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ajbart macrumors newbie

Anyone find it annoying or even a little suprising that apple's own website (or even this particular site) take a while to load and don't have a mobile specific page? There are some good mobile friendly sites there (BBC mobile, tipb.com) so as a lot of people browse ontheir devices, it'd be good to have a few more?

2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If apple's site is iPhone friendly. Its not iPhone specific though. If they had made a specific website for the iPhone, it would go against the whole "the whole internet in your pocket" thing. Apple's site uses quicktime and css instead of flash though, and works fine on an iPhone.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

5. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

The whole point of the iphone is to browse the "real web." I don't want every site redirecting to boring mobile pages

6. benna macrumors regular

Wordpress

If anyone of you guys own a wordpress blog, i recommend you installing the iPhone wordpress plugin which gives the site a cool look when browsed from an iPhone. Try my blog www.bennaiqbal.com on your iphone. Its cool.;)

7. lavinci macrumors 6502

I like the iPhone sites sometimes. Provides same content in a much easier way of viewing things.