iPhone from US to Canada AT&T unlocked phone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Mar 9, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi as in Canada, we have march break, I might be getting a 6 plus or any iPhone over in the the U.S, New York and if the phone was unlocked by AT&T by the original owner of the phone, and when I have a problem over here in Canada, will they give me a AT&T one back or a factory unlocked one, while still under warranty.

I have bought a U.S. iphone 5S in California, but it was factory unlocked, the next day, I got it replaced, when I brought it back to Canada and had an issue, I had no problems. Will it be the same thing with a AT&T unlocked iPhone or will they need to put in a special order for a AT&T iPhone.

Or is it better to just get a iPhone factory unlocked?

Thanks

2. FargoKill macrumors newbie

Hello,

You must learn what iPhone model you are going to buy, and check if it will be compatible with the bands of Canada. I am almost sure that it will support the same GSM bands, you should be fine with it.

I believe that, if you have a factory unlocked iPhone and you want to replace it, they must give you an unlocked iPhone as well (if I understood correctly your question!).