iPhone frozen after erased all settings.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JinXx9510, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JinXx9510 macrumors newbie

Well I got this iPhone 3G (3.1.2., Modem Firmware: 5.13.04) It didn't have the original SIM so i had to "hacktivate" it, and i also jailbroke it because i have T-Mobile so i planned on unlocking it. Everything was going well with unlocking and jailbreaking until one day for some strange reason my computer and iTunes wouldn't recognize my iPhone.So I went to erase all settings thinking it would help me and my problems not knowing that it would cause my phone to freeze on the startup all i get is the apple logo and the loading circle. I've tried everything

• I plugged in my iPhone and restarted my computer (Yes, I followed all the steps)
    • I put my iPhone in recovery mode, but it still was not recognized.
    • I put my iPhone in DFU mode and it STILL didn't recognize.
    • I let my battery die and nothing changed
    • I hard reset my phone lots of times

Please help me

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. JinXx9510 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JinXx9510 thread starter macrumors newbie

any other suggestions does it matter if i use a dock or not?

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You have to put it into DFU mode. When you reset from your phone it acts like reformatting your phone; you have no choice but to go into recovery/DFU.
    For future reference, use itunes when you need to reformat your phone. I don't understand why people refuse to erase via itunes.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Try a different computer. My MacBook never restores phones properly so i always have to use the iMac. And as other have stated keep trying to do DFU mode.

7. JinXx9510 thread starter macrumors newbie

:(

okay, so apparently i have a worst case scenario huh? My computer does not recognize my iphone at all, i went into recovery mode my computer sez usb not recognize on both my desktop PC and my laptop, i go into recovery mode and i get hte same message nd i as i sed before it wasnt even my phone so i dont think apple can really help me,..........HELP

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Try either recboot or Tiny Umbrella and kick out of recovery.