iPhone frozen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ikaros, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Ikaros macrumors newbie

Hi peoples of the Mac Forums,

This sounds really cheap, but I really need your help.
    I just connected my iPhone 3G to my computer with the USB cable (Yes I do have 2.0 USB), and I updated it. After that, my iPhone rebooted. Till now, everything seems quite normal.

But now, as it restarted, it shows a picture of the iTunes logo, and a USB cable poiting at it. So I figured out I needed to connect to iTunes. But if I do so, nothing happens.
    I manually restarted my iPhone, I restarted my computer, I reïnstalled iTunes, and nothing seems to work out as I want.

As I amtyping this, my iPhone just went off by itself, so I think I need to restart it, because it was on for quite a long time with the iTunes logo on screen.

Please people, help me.

Kind regards,
    Ikaros.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Hi Ikaros,

Welcome to the MacRumors Forums. It sounds to me like you need to do a Forced Restore. I'll explain how to do that here:

Forced Restore:
    1) Open iTunes on your computer.
    2) Hold the Power and Home buttons on your iPhone for about 10 seconds or until the screen goes black. (Skip this step if the iPhone is already off and the Apple/Pineapple logo is not present)
    3) Once the screen is black, hold the Home button continuously while you connect via USB to your computer with iTunes open.
    4) Keep holding the Home button while your iPhone is connected until it shows up in iTunes as an iPhone in Recovery Mode.
    5) You should now be able to Restore.

If this doesn't work then just reply back to this thread and we'll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

DPA

3. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

why do u call it a forced restore? this is known as a dfu restore.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Because it can't be a DFU Restore when you're not in DFU mode.:rolleyes:

DPA