IPhone full backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kenc1103, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Kenc1103 macrumors member

Is there a free software for Mac that I can use to make a full backup of my iPhone as the iTunes backup does not backup MP3s and ringtones not purchased from the App Store?
    The reason I am asking is that I have to unlock my wife's iPhone 5s, in order to do so I have to backup/restore from iTunes. Last time I did that for her iPhone 4s I had to manually put all the MP3s and ringtones not purchased from App Store back which is a big hassle.

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Itunes backs up everything for me?

are you sure you have your settings correct?

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

This. I think backups are literally everything.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you do an iTunes encrypted back-up, it backs up literally every file on the device. Additionally, that is also the only way to backup health data via iTunes.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I've used iTunes backup to transfer my content across three iPhone over the years. It always transfers everything.

6. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

You do not have to do the backup/restore anymore after the unlock. Just insert another provider SIM while plugged into iTunes and that should suffice.

7. Kenc1103 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. Wonder why at&t still providing with the old instructions.

8. wongster macrumors regular

you don't even need to have it plugged into iTunes.

if you want to test it out just insert another providers sim card. once i got the at&t email, i tried my friends verizon sim and it worked.

9. Kenc1103 thread starter macrumors member

Really? at&t should stop telling people to do the backup/restore steps then.

10. wongster macrumors regular

probably gives people the piece of mind that it's unlocked and once you plug it into iTunes and do a restore, it shows an official unlocked message. i didn't need to see that message because i did the unlock request for my 5 and plugged in a different sim card and that worked for me so didn't do it with my 6 either.