iphone G1 O2 uk pay as you go internet settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by speakerwizard, Sep 24, 2008.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, i gave my friend my old 1st gen iphone which he is now using with his existing pay as you go sim, he has now added internet to his pay as you go service but I wanted to know if anybody knows the settings to get it running? thank you.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'm on the simplicity contract and my settings under "Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network" are as follows:

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password

Hope that helps

3. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

mine are payandgo.o2.co.uk
    vertigo
    password

4. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

thanks guys will try, (same answer probably would have taken an hour from o2 and thats if the person you get through to knows lol)

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yeah I have used that one as well. However when I setup my iPhone on 2.0.0 for the first time those settings were their for me so I just stuck with them.

In fact thinking back there is also

mobile.o2.co.uk
    faster
    web

Hopefully one of these sets of settings will work.

6. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

I bought a 3g iPhone on PAYG with o2 and the settings need to be:

APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo
    Password: password

When you get your iPhone PAYG simcard it has a sticker on the front that tells you that you need to change the APN from:

mobile.o2.co.uk to payandgo.o2.co.uk

the mobile.o2.co.uk are the settings for the people on contract with the iphone

7. Bassyy macrumors member

I actually got the iPhone 3G (PAYG), but only yesterday did i actually activate it, and then i went into town to an o2 shop to see what the cellular data settings things needed to be, he did payandgo.co.uk (didn't know o2 owned that :p) and it wouldn't work, so he said i have to wait 24 hours for it, but only now have i also realised that they were the rong settings :L

If i change the setting to the fast:web one, will i get good FREE internet? that the contract people get? :apple:

8. davadada macrumors newbie

iphone top-up credit problem

hey,

Just wondering if someone can help me out on this one.

bought an iphone 2G recently, second hand. Have jailbroken and updated firmware to 3.0 and of course its also unlocked.

I use a Pay-as-you-go sim, in germany with 02. Last night i bought €30 credit, managed to send a couple of SMS (literally 2) and now this morning the credit is gone! I didnt even use the top-up card to call!

The previous owner of the phone, i believe, also used a Pay-as-you-go sim but they never mentioned this credit draining problem. Mind you, they only had firmware 1.1.4 installed so im wondering if the 3.0 firmware has new settings which I need to change in order to save my credit vanishing!?

Is there something i'm doing wrong, does 3.0 automatically try to connect to the internet all the time, im quite lost! how can i preserve the money i put on my phone?

I'm quite new to the whole iphone game,

if someone could help :)