Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VeraGoudi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Hi! I need help!!! I have a PowerBook G4 (which is pretty old) and i just got iPhone G4. I cant sync those two together as my OS is old. Is there any way to upgrade my OS to Mac OS X 10.5.8 which is required??? Thank you in advance!!!

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hi! I need help!!! I have a PowerBook G4 (which is pretty old) and i just got iPhone G4. I cant sync those two together as my OS is old. Is there any way to upgrade my OS to Mac OS X 10.5.8 which is required??? Thank you in advance!!!

It's just iPhone 4, and yes, you can. Purchase Mac OS X Leopard (I think it's available on Amazon) to upgrade to 10.5.8

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
It's just iPhone 4, and yes, you can. Purchase Mac OS X Leopard (I think it's available on Amazon) to upgrade to 10.5.8

Not too sure about this. I would contact Apple's support website for this matter, and I only say that because I'm not sure if the later versions of Mac OS X include firmware support for the hardware that's in your Powerbook.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Not too sure about this. I would contact Apple's support website for this matter, and I only say that because I'm not sure if the later versions of Mac OS X include firmware support for the hardware that's in your Powerbook.

Agreed, I don't think PPC chips are supported under SL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.