iPhone G4 - Front Facing Camera Usage Theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iD4V3, Apr 15, 2010.

1. iD4V3 macrumors member

iD4V3

Hey!

Okay most of us know that the evidence behind a front facing camera on the next iPhone is building quite a bit recently with the code in OS 4.0 and the leaked images and videos of a large iPhone front casing with a possible camera hole next to the earpiece from November 2009.

Now ive seen quite a few people saying '' why would I ever need to use a front facing camera unless it was a co-worker'' for example.

how about this,

how many of you use your webcam on your laptop or pc for say, Windows live messenger? or use skype to talk to family?

iPhone app developers could use this hardware to use it for these reasons listed above and possibly many more,

now this is just my theory so no bashing needed here, although, for me if this were to in fact become reality, I would be very happy :)

2. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I'm all about a front facing camera... IF we can video chat over 3G that is. I'm away from home every other day for 24 hour shift at the FD. Perfect to see my wife and future baby (June 25:)) It would be pretty pointless if this is restricted to wifi and for some reason I see ATT dropping the ball just like TETHERING!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that's why I bought 3GUnrestricter YAY for JB

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I hate to say it, but using front facing camera for chatting is probably the most "obvious" usage for it.

4. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

your right, it is indeed, I just think it would be used for more than simple video calling/conferencing.

5. iD4V3 thread starter macrumors member

iD4V3

Congrats! :)

6. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

front facing camera good for skype etc. Terrible when it comes to taking pics and video, you wont be able to see anything that you are taking a pic of.

7. squirrelist macrumors regular

squirrelist

Unless you like taking pictures of yourself.

8. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

of course, which isnt a bad thing for all of those girls out there who love taking pictures of them selves.

This calls for one thing, front facing camera and camera on the back side haha

9. btcutter macrumors 6502

I seriously doubt we'll see a forward facing camera on the next iphone. I suspect it's embedded for the next round of iPad (maybe 2nd generation in Christmas:D)

I really don't see the need for iChat application on the iPhone. It's gimmick. The 3G bandwidth is so limited now that any images over 3G will be pretty sad. If it's only on Wifi then a laptop would do a much better job if you want to video conference.

The killer applications for any of these networks are "COVERAGE" and "SPEED".