iPhone Gamepad - ergonomics NAO PLZ

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gieppetto, Sep 4, 2010.

1. gieppetto macrumors newbie

Hi All,

This is the copy-over of a thread I started at Touch Arcade, hope you guys can give me your 2 cents as well.

A few days ago I came up with an idea for an iPhone/iPod touch gamepad. You know how gampads people really like - 360 controller, dualshock, etc - always have real grips? And all-around ergonomics? So what if there was an iPhone gamepad with some real ergonomics and an SDK for gamedevs to use and incorporate into their games?

I know there's this and this and i suppose there's tons more "in development", "on the drawing board" or "TBA" or whatever but if such an accessory existed...

...would you buy?

And more importantly, what do you think is essential? In my opinion it should have 2 analog sticks, at least two buttons (think A and B or something), a small, yet usable, D-pad and L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons as well. Maybe the second rear buttons could be lost, but I'd like 'em.
    Also, perhaps vibration? Although that might prove harmful to the phone...

So yeah, discuss away.

2. RichBrewski macrumors member

I'm actually surprised this market hasn't been tapped into yet. They did the same thing for the wiimotes, so the iPhones should be a no-brainer.

Yes I would buy one for a decent price, absolutely.

3. gieppetto thread starter macrumors newbie

4. cowsrus macrumors 6502

i would probably buy one as well, however most likely id buy the icontrolpad because of zodttd

he is helping make that one, so that means all of the emulators (jailbroken iphone) would be made to specifically work with that control pad, and emulators is the only real reason id see myself buying one