Iphone GB and cost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groovdudeyo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

do they only make the iphone with 8GB if they make it with more space what is the cost without a plan? With a plan?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Gonna need more info. Your location, for starters.

Attached Files:

3. terrrrrible macrumors regular

after reading that sentence about 10 times...

pretty sure you can only buy the phone with a plan. the 8gb is one price the 16gb is another. go to att.com to look.

4. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

I live in southern california and im only fifteen so I dont know if I can afford the plans.

5. terrrrrible macrumors regular

no.

6. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Hahaha, thought the exact same thing.

7. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

I make 200 a month at least so how much are the plans

8. terrrrrible macrumors regular

www.att.com

9. Kevlar macrumors 6502

If you make $200 a month, why at the age of 15 would you want to spend half of that on a cell phone.........

Edit: to make this slightly more productive post. Think of it this way, 2 year contact at the low end plan with 1500 text messages/month ~ $90/month for the plan. So that phone will end up costing you about $2160+cost of the phone ($199? for 8GB, $299? for 16GB), over two years.

10. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

11. terrrrrible macrumors regular

save it for a car...? something more useful than an expensive cell phone plan.

12. jlwillia macrumors regular

how about an investment?

I know you're only 15 and things like phones and cars sound like the "fun" thing to spend money on. However, I recommend putting some of that $200/month away during this economic recession. Save that money and in 3 or 4 years get the 3rd generation Iphone!

13. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Why bother buying a car? We don't need more people with cars on this planet. If he makes enough to and wants the phone the most then why not? Plans are about $70 a month I think if you don't mind that then go ahead and get one.

As far as this forum goes people tend to be a little bit too much like a parent. When i was 13 or so I had a paper route and spent all of my money on junk. When he/she is 16 more job opportunities will open where at least minimum wage is possible. Save for a car at that point.

Your problem is going to be if your parents will help you get a contract if you promise to pay it. If your parents agree then whatever these people say about it doesn't mean anything at all.

Maybe take that money and buy a first gen phone off of ebay. they cost a bit more up front but no contract and you can pay as you go. I would probably go that route if I were you and with the software updates the first gen phone is pretty much just as good.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Grammar school.

But so now you have all your answers, yes?

A) It is available in 16GB.

B) You generally must buy it with a plan*, unless you buy it from a third party, and then it is mildly cumbersome (and probably not free) to unlock. If you do buy a third party one, it apparently works with AT&T PAYG without any modifications.

* You can possibly also buy it at the unsubsidized price from AT&T ... I think $600-700, and then use it PAYG.

15. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

A Sidekick.

16. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

+1
    The best place to find out how much the plans cost would be att.com.

17. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

School doesn't seem to be you doing any good mate eh?
    Proper sentences are helpful y'know...... :)
    And to be honest don't bother with an expensive iPhone if your only bringing in $200/m.

18. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

You aren't really one to talk mate eh?

FWIW there are adults on this site that complain about trivial levels as far as pricing goes "I am a pro but can't upgrade because it would cost $300"

Why don't you condescending jerks go away? When I was a kid I worked part time jobs to get things I wanted. The ironic thing is that because of child labor laws you can work for nothing when you are 15 and don't enjoy the benefit of the minimum wage.

Kids are supposed to enjoy life IMO just because you are well over 30 and still can't afford a MBP for your "pro" business doesn't mean everybody has to suffer. When you take side jobs with out the benefit of representation you do so for rewards you otherwise wouldnt be able to get. If you do well in school and take care of your household obligations and manage an iPhone at 15 years old. you might excel more so then some of the 50 year olds that whine about the price to buy in because they don't have it.

I don't assume this kids mortgage is underwater so why dont you people just give advice and worry about yourselves? He has time, do you?

19. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'll give some advice. The OP should learn to compose his writing so other people can comprehend what he is asking.

20. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Seeing as how you guys don't want to answer his question, I will: Yes, they make a 16GB iPhone 3G. It is available for 299$ with a 2 year contract. It isn't available YET w/o a contract.
    The Cheapest Plan, as far as I know, is the 450 min. plan. that requires data, which is 30$ extra, so it totals to be 70$..plus text messaging, 5$ for 200, 10$ for 500, 1000 for 15$, and Unlimited for 20$.

21. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Plus a lot of taxes and "other" charges. Plan on at least $90 a month for a bare-bones set-up.