iPhone - general charges - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac2thefuture, Jan 11, 2008.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Just after some general info please.

If i press my weather / stocks button and retrieve info is there a cost and approx how much?

If I surf via wireless is there a charge and how much?

If i surf via edge/gprs how much.

Also, other than making calls send emails/texts are there other instances when a charge is made?

I have a "hacked" phone which has my companies 02 sim in.....i just got a message sent t o my from 02 saying that my usage is unusually high i may exceed my limit allowance.....I've made a huge reduction in actual calls made over the last month as my position has changed so i'm a little confused!!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

If you're using a SIM with no iPhone data allowance you might have to face some charges regarding data usage. If you go over what your allowance actually is on your contract you face being charged £3 per MB which is pretty hefty.

It's hard to tell how much finding stocks and weather will cost you, as I've no idea how much data it downloads.

But as far as EDGE GPRS costs thats £3 per MB.
    Wireless doesnt cost anything unless youre actually paying to use the access point, in which case that has nothing to do with your o2 contract. That'd be a point-of-sale type transaction when you connect to the access point in the first place.

Hope I've help made some sense.

EDIT: http://www.o2.co.uk/services/o2active/costs this might help.