iPhone geotag photos automatically

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nishi100, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

1) Does the iPhone automatically geotag photos, as long as "location services" are enabled?

2a) I know that GPS doesn't use up you credit; but, are there any costs involved, assuming that I disabled "data roaming"?

2b) Can it still get location even when "data roaming" is disabled? For example, on the iPad 3G, with "data roaming" disabled, it can still grab a location but in numbers (it zooms in to a location, but with white squares, as it can't download the maps); so, lets say you take a photo (with an iPhone), and it grabs a GPS location of numbers, when you sync it, will it convert them numbers into a location like: 4781:28391:123 --- Random country, random street, RAN D0M.

3) It takes a few minutes to gain a location. So, if I take a photo, when it hasn't gained my precise location, what will it do?

Thanks.

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

GPS works fine with data roaming disabled or even with 3G turned off.

Geotagging works fine also. EXIF data doesn't store the location by place name, it stores it by Latitude and Longitude. Whatever software you are using to view the location of your photos (like flickr or iPhoto) should be able to easily translate that to a map location/address.

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2