Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
When I have location services turned on, I’ve noticed that when I use the iPhone camera it doesn’t always geotag the photos, even when I have a strong GPS lock. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes the camer app asks if it can use location services and somethings it doesn't even though it seems to make no difference whether the photo actually get's tagged or not.

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
I just went outside, fired up the camera, it asked if I wanted to use the location services, I said yes, took a photo and it did not tag the photo with location info. :mad:

So it appears that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Sometimes it takes ages in the maps app to pinpoint my location, and as far as I know there's no way to tell in the camera app if/when it has determined your location.
Looking back at my photos in iPhoto, many pics don't have any location, and others are way off.
Hopefully this will be improved with iPhone OS 3.0

dklassen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Spring Hill, TN
I hope so because the geotagging function sucks. I did another test at lunch with a confirmed strong sat lock. One photo tagged, the other two didn't.

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea
i have airme, and what i've noticed is the first 1 or 2 pic i took always have the location of my last position or no location at all. took some more pics or i have to go into map app click on the blue location button to update my location. annoying problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.