iPhone gets hot playing Apple Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Latinking25, May 3, 2016.

1. Latinking25 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6s and my phone gets sometimes very hot when I'm using Apple Music, does anybody else's iPhone do the same?

2. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

"Just don't play it that way" - steve jobs

3. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

When it is getting hot how is the battery doing. No way to get physically hot unless it is consuming lots of power. Something else is going on. I play music for hours on my 6S+ and it is not even warm. Check out your usage and see what app is being used who,e playing music.

5. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

somethings getting hot because when I play Apple Music my phone gets really warm to the touch around 97 or 98 degrees f. And also the battery starts running down kinda quickly. I checked battery usage and everything seems normal as before I started using Apple Music which was like just earlier today

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Music should not be causing your phone to get hot. If nothing else is running in the background I would drop it by the Apple store and have them run diagnostics on it. They will do it for free.

7. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Out of interest is the Music you are playing on the phone or being streamed over a mobile signal for example? If you are streaming it over a data connection then it will probably hit the battery harder than just playing music stored on the phone wont it?

8. Latinking25 thread starter macrumors member

I'm actually on wifi and I download songs from Apple Music onto my phone. Could that be causing my phone to get hot?

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

You should play classical music. That salsa stuff even excites a phone on wifi.